1. Shredding the Document - John Hiatt
2. 31 Today - Aimee Mann
3. Kick it into Gear - Jennifer Page
4. Caroline - David Gray
5. Cinderella - Firefall
6. Slit Skirts - Pete Townsend
7. Cool, Cool Thing - Everett Bradley
8. Snowbound - Donald Fagen
9. Nanci - Toad the Wet Sprocket
10. Baloney Again - Mark Knopfler
11. Near the End - David Gilmour
12. The Girl I Can't Forget - Fountains of Wayne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kyle,
Let me first say that no other Guest member has jumped into the UPOMS year with such zealous let alone maintained that exceptional enthusiasm throughout the year. Your review comments will be dealy missed (by Me and Andy). As I've done thoughout the year, i have to apologize for the delayed review - again, it's not because of the music, just that my time has become a precious and gold. But now it's time to PAY UP! Here's what I think bro.
1. Shredding the Document - Have always been a big fav of John Hiatt. Too bad he got strapped with "The next Bob Dylan" early in his career. Great starter. 4th Fav.
2. 31 Today - Do you think she wrote this on the 31st b-day. If so it was a great day, cus this is a great song and a standout for this year's best of... #1 Fav
4. Caroline - David Gray is a favorite in this house, glad to have a song i've not heard by him. 3th Fav
5. Cinderella - Wow, what a surprise. "You Are The Woman" was what I thought to be their one-hit-wonder, jazz flute and all. I like this some more! Nice digging bro-
2nd Fav
6. Slit Skirts - This is sadly the first of 5 songs on your disc I've hear before :( Like it and all of the songs off PT's albums, but having heard it before disqualifies ranking (my stupid rule).
7. Cool Cool Thing - Everrett sounds like a funky John Mayer. Nice groove, let him know I approve. 6th Fav
8. Snowbound - I just want to say I LOVE Steely Dan. I bought this album like all the other devotee's. Sadly, I have to 'somewhat' agree with Betsy. Sorry Bro, it was a let down then and now.
9. Nanci- favorite song of one of the best albums of the 90's. Run, don't walk and buy Dulcinea. Great choice. Wish I could include, it would be #1.
10. Baloney Again - I'm one of those guys who think all the best stuff Dire Straits did, never made it on the radio. This track reminds me of my favorite DS album, Communique. 5th Fav
11. Near The End - Worshipped Pink Floyd in my teens and bougth all their solo stuff as well. This album was my fav from the solo's. The Metaphysical trakc is really good off this album as well. Unrankable, but great tune man.
12. The Girl I Can't Forget - despite my sadness over the effects of Alcoholism, this is a funny story about a badly timed binge, doesn't mean he's a drunk. Great Tune!!! But.... I have it in my library as well.
You did a great job Kyle. I am proud of you as many of these songs will most likely be new to the UPOMER'S. We will miss Uncle Kyle, but will always remember you in these 12 great songs. Keep Rockin' bro-
Post a Comment