1. I like It - Enrique Iglesias (feat. Pitbull)
2. Anchor - Alejandro Escovedo
3. The First Single (You Know Me) - The Format
4. Them Kids - Sam Roberts
5. You're Still Standing There - Lucy Kaplansky
6. Zorbing - Stornoway
7. Break Me Down - Ryan Calhoun
8. Little House - Amanda Seyfried
9. Beautiful Is Gone - The Ruse
10. When Did Your Heart Go Missing? - Rooney
11. Money Can't Buy You Class - Countless Luann
12. Let U Go - Ashley Parker Angel
13. Glitter in the Air - Pink
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Brad,
I always get a little giddy waiting for your disc in hopes that it will top your steller debut of five years ago. Despite some solid songs on this years entry, sadly I will have to keep waiting. Here's what I thought, for what it's worth.
2. Anchor - Where the first track wasn't my style this is my style of music! I've been sorta following this alt-country artists for sometime. Love the background singers. 5th Fav
3. The First Single - Again a band that I know and for the most part like. Not heard this track before, but like what I hear. My only complaint is that it sounds like everything else on the radio.
4. Them Kids - This guy is getting to be a regular UPOMS artist. He must be really popular up north, because I just don't hear him very often down here. 3rd Fav
6. Zorbing - This is a strong standout track for me. Kinda sounds like a cross between Fleet Foxes and Death Cab for Cutie. Love the horns at end. #1 Fav
7. Break Me Down - Like it, not a lot else to say really, just a pleasant song.
8. Little House - Another standout. What a beautiful, fragile voice. Love the cello/violins throughout the track. Great 2nd Fav
9. Beautiful Is Gone - It's funny but this band 'The Ruse' reminds me of the band 'Muse'. Although this track is a bit more poppy then Muse.
10. Where Did My Heart Go Missing? - It's easy to think you picked this track because of the Rooney connection, but it's a solid pop gem. I've had this song in my list for some time. 4th Fav
12. Let U Go - Like it. harder version of track #3. it's got radio written all over it.
Thanks for the effort Brad, as always, I enjoy listening to what you like and what I know is the "popular" style of obscure tunes.
Brad:
I get a little giddy every time a UPOMS disc arrives in the mail. Was I more giddy awaitng yours? Could I be giddier than when I open the mailbox and see a CD-bearing envelope? I don't know. I do know I really dug your CD.
1. Great song! Question: if I hear this more than once a day at the gym, does this classify as truly obscure? It matters not...
2. This is my cup-o-tea. Guitar driven alt-country doesn't get much better than this. (Alejandro's niece is Sheila E, according to Wikipedia. Imagine that...)
3. Similar vibe as #2. Obscure to me. I liked it.
4. A really cool track. It induced a bit of cognitive dissonance, as the lyrics and tone are old fogey, the sound is classic punk. Maybe this is not at all dissonant.
5. Well, once again, how can one go wrong with a well-played mandolin? Another singer-songwriter that UPOMS has inspired me to seek.
6. I don't want to prematurely reveal my shared affection for slow build tunes with Andy, but I really dig slow build songs like this one. Interesting vocals.
7. A solid song which improves with repeated spins.
8. Is this the actress Amanda Seyfried? She scared me in "Mamma Mia," but then, everything in "Mamma Mia" scared me. Having dissed that flick, I confess this may be my favorite song on your disc. Gorgeous voice, gorgeous strings.
9. Had I had a "Flock of Seagulls" haircut, I can envision myself bopping my "Flock of Seagulls" haircut to this tune circa 1983.
10. Man, I love this song! Derivative of David Bowie's "Modern Love"? Maybe. It is another song with a decidedly 80's vibe to me. Dis the 80's to your heart's content. I will not. Not in public...
11. Disco lives! I disagree with the central thesis of the song: money can buy you class. Can't it?
12. Another superb guitar-driven rocker. Perfect traveling music, provided you have a radar detector.
13. Why is this not a hit? Or was it? I feel like I shouldn't like Pink, but I don't think I have heard of song of hers that I don't like a lot. Musical bigotry? I hope not.
Brad: As I expected, I really, really enjoyed your disc. Thank you!
Uncle Kyle
1. Here's my progression...I hate this song. Kinda catchy, but c'mon. He did bag Anna, so baby I like.
2. Voice kinda reminds me of Elvis Costello. Love that guitar!
3. Thanks for keeping to your roots in pop Brad, good tune. Wish the chorus didn't sound so "produced" unlike the verses.
4. Love it! Sounds like that drummer is drumming and clicking the sticks. Punky, but with a happy vibe.
5. Enjoy the music more than the vocals.
6. Has anyone been Zorbing? It's the giant ball you roll down the hill in, but I digress. Kyle, share the love it's great, just like this song.
7. Reminds me of Daughtry and that's not a bad thing.
8. What's better than an acoustic guitar song? A song with an acoustic guitar that builds with an amazing voice. Suprise that it came from you Brad, that's why I love UPOMS.
9. I want to like this one becasue of the music, but there's something about the vocals(overproduced maybe) that I don't care for.
10. Roger. like you Rooney has been on my radar DUE TO the connection, so how could I not like this tune...LET's DANCE!
11. Let's just say it's like #1, but it didn't progress as well.
12. Just so-so for me.
13. Can we make this an offical UPOMS song? I'm commenting on an "extra", that should tell you how much I like it.
Good disc Brad, some usual pop stuff, but quite a few unexpected suprises. Favorite was #4
Post a Comment