Thursday, March 5, 2009

March 2009 - Michelle

1. Fake Palindromes – Andrew Bird
2. Till Kingdom Come - Coldplay
3. Orange Sky – Alexi Murdoch
4. The Crane Wife 3 – The Decemberists
5. Blood Bank – Bon Iver
6. Comfort – Deb Talan
7. Please Read the Letter – Robert Plant and Allison Krauss
8. More Time - Needtobreathe
9. Wondering Where the Lions Are – Donovan Frankenreiter
10. Mr. Rock and Roll – Amy McDonald
11. You and I – Ingrid Michaelson
12. You Don’t Know Me – Ben Folds featuring Regina Spektor
13. Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Greg Laswell

7 comments:

Andy said...

Song 7 is all messed up on mine(static then stops), anyone else?

Anonymous said...

My disc makes it to 2/3 of track 8. Then nothing.

Andy said...

Song 12 has static but it goes away about 20 seconds in and song 6 is only 25 seconds and cuts off. Is that how long #6 really is?

Michelle said...

Andy and Roger, I am really sorry! I listened to all the CD's to make sure they worked, as Brad had a problem with yours last year Roger. Try a different player and let me know. They all worked on my stereo.

Alicia said...

1. Fake Palindromes- nice intro. like it right from the start. Brisk song.

2. Till Kingdom Come- Andy's favorite band!

3. Orange Sky- Calming song, I like it.

4. The Crane Wife 3- This is a cool song. I like the drums.

5. Blood Bank- Very cool song. Like the way the vocals sound.

6. Comfort- Kind of a lonely song. It makes me a little sad.

7. Please REad the Letter- Love this duo. thanks for sharing, I don't have any.

8. More time- I like this song. I wish him well :)

9. Wondering Where the Lions Are- he is popular guy (Chris had him in the line up too and Ging.) I agree with you all, he is good.

10. Mr. Rock and Roll- Like the upbeat. Like her voice. Winner

11. You and I- I liked her before and like her in this song, too. Entertaining lyrics. My fave on your disc.

12. You Don't Know Me- THis is a strong song, too. Also one of my faves.

13. Girls Just...- Really weird for me. Def like crazy ladys version bett.

Good CD Mich. I'm proud I'm the first to review. Haaa! LOL

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

I'm so impressed with this album. Not every song rang my bell, but their are sooo many that I really liked and a few that were great. I think looking back that this is one of the most consistently listenable discs we have had (next to mine of course, but that's the way it should be, right?) Anyway, Great job!!!!!! Here's my two cents.

1. Fake Palindromes - like the Irish feel. It wasn't a standout for me, but did like it.

2. ‘Til Kingdom Come - heard this one before, sorry. Big Coldplay fans at the Cantu house. Like the gentle feel of the song, but not a surprise.

3. Orange Sky - This one was a surprise. Love the lanquid easy listening feel. Great song. 3rd fav on the disc.

4. The Crane Wife 3 - I sadly dropped the Decemberists (more for it not fitting in with my last disc then anything else). I really like this tune though, it’s totally different then my choice. Great! 4th fav.

5. Blood Bank – This is one that didn’t work for me. Just didn’t register as a standout.

6. Comfort – This gal is with the Weepies, a UPOMS regular, and I think this has the same feel and works well as a solo piece. Lovely.

7. Please Read The Letter – As I told you I was happy to finally find a song that worked off this strange duo’s pairing (A gospel singer and the lead vocalist for Led Zep?). With all the Grammy’s it won, I just didn’t hear anything I liked, until now. Good job!

8. More Time – This is your radio-friendly tune. Meaning you could easily find it on the radio if Needtobreathe (1. had a better name, 2. could get support from it’s label. Very listenable.

9. Wondering Where The Lions Are – This one just kinda ambled on. Not hooky enough for me. Pleasant, but didn’t grab my ear.

10. Mr. Rock and Roll – To everyone at my house’s surprise, this is my favorite tune on this disc. Everyone at the Cantu house thinks that track 11 is the bomb. I can’t explain it, but this song is just wired for me.

11. You and I – Okay so it is my 2nd fav. It’s great, catchy, sweet little song. You just can’t beat a building song starting with a Ukelale (unless your track 10). Will forever remind me of Destin ’09. Thanks, this song locked up a great memory for us.

12. You Don’t Know Me – Sadly this song gets forgotten because 10 and 11 are such standouts. I like it as a middle ground crowd pleaser. It’s a nice poppy song.

Great stuff girl, always surprised by your music selections.

Andy said...

1. Andrew Bird had been on my list for a few years, but never made the cut. Saw him at 80-35 last year and he puts on a good show. Great opener on of my favs on the disc.

3. Acoustic, Acoustic, Acoustic! When it comes on I sing this one to Mary, I know how sweet. Have to check out more from this guy.

4. Not great, but not bad.

5. This is my favorite song on any UPOMS to date this year, maybe all time. The mix of guitar with voice is great for me.

6. Only :25 seconds long, so no opinion.

7. Even through the static and only getting about 2 minutes of the song I think it's great. Another fav.

8. Heard it, but love it.

9. Hit after hit from you Michi. Simple yet complicated, love it.

10. Voice reminds me of someone that I can't peg it. Again that voice with guitar just works.

11. Yukalalee, then builds with multiple voices. Like the song, but who wants to live in France?

Great job this year. I've determined that living with you for so many years your taste has been infused with my own, so thanks for that and the great(although incomplete) disc.