Thursday, March 5, 2009

February 2009 - Ginger

"LEAP OF FAITH" UPOMS #38:
1-Life, Love & Laughter - Donavon Frankenreiter
2-Once When I Was Little - James Morrison
3-789 - Barenaked Ladies
4-Brighter Days - Leeland
5-Best for Last - ADELE
6-I Love the Rain the Most - Joe Purdy
7-What Did You Do Today - Equation
8-My Little Japanese Cigarette Case - Spoon
9-This Peace - Sarah Groves
10-Little Victories - Matt Nathanson
11-Everyday Boy - Joan Armatrading
12-Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine
13-Friends - Flight of the Conchords

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ginger, overall I was pleased with the disc, but did feel that some of the songs didn't go anywhere. None of the songs i hated, meaning they all flowed well together and i never had the impulse to FF them. The odd thing was that for me the album sort of got stonger toward the end (with a few early track exceptions)

1. Life Love Laughter - Nice, pleasant song. just okay

2. Once When I was little - I liked it, sounds to me like a Train song. again just okay

3. 789 - Perfect for the Romper Room you guys got going. We're just dealing with the latest T-Pain single so didn't register to me as it would have 10 years ago. Still could make any Sesame Street greatest hits.

4. Brighter Days - great message in todays crazy, uncertain times. An early track that worked for me.

5. Best For Last - 3rd fav on the disc. Donna's got a song from her that is a song our entire family loves (so stay tuned). Love the jazzy feel of this song. Winner!

6. I Love The Rain - I like this song, but then again, I'm not a huge Joe Purdy fan like everyone else seems to be. As good as any of the other UPOMS tracks I've heard from him.

7. What did you do today? - Not for me, sorry

8. Jap Cigarette Case - Got so excited when this song started (a rocker, alright!). And I listened to it multiple times... but for me it just didn't go anywhere. Sorry girl.

9. This peace - Outside of her beautiful voice and great words, the song was again Nice, pleasant. Just okay.

10. Little victories - Here's where things picked up for me. Liked this tune quite a bit. 4th fav on the disc.

11. Everyday Boy - Wow this one hit me between the eyes. knew Joan from the Breakfast Club soundtrack, but that song was just okay, so I never pursued her other stuff. This great song tells me I made a mistake. excellent! 2nd Fav. on this disc.

12. Such Great Heights - This was my favorite on the whole disc and I just love it!!!! That's the good news. The bad news is I've heard it before - on the Garden State Soundtrack (which is great!!)

Highs and lows abound on this disc. Nice job.

Alicia said...

1. Life, Love, & Laughter- Nice opener. Fun, upbeat song. That's what I'm looking for, too!

2. Once When I Was Little- for some reason this song depresses me. I guess it's what you'll never have again. (Not that I'd want to go through school again)

3. 789- Typical BNL song, eh? O and B will probably get a kick out it.

4. Brighter Days- I almost fell asleep listening to this on the way to work the other morning. LOL!

5. Best for Last- She has a really unique catchy voice.

6.I Love the Rain the Most- Very simple, likable song.

7. What Did You Do Today?- She has a pretty voice.

8. My Little Japenese Cigarette Case- Interesting. I would like a visual.

9. This Peace-

10. Little Victories-Nice little song.

11. Everyday Boy- I like this song.

12. Such Great Heights- I was considering some Iron and Wine last year. Good classic band.

13.Friends- Funny- have seen this on Facebook.

Andy said...

My favorite of your discs to date.

1. Have heard this one before, but just a happy little tune that I enjoy.

2. Heard this one too, but what can I say great minds think alike.

3. Just the idea behind this song makes me laugh, like a joke that you know isn't funny but at laugh anyway. BNK do it again.

4. Nice voice, nice music, just a nice song.

5. Love it. Have not heard this one, but have heard Adele(chasing pavement)and really enjoy her vibe. One of my favs.

8. Not a typical "Ginger" song, but I like it. The little buildups throughout draw me in.

10. Heard of this guy but haven't heard anything by him. Another fav with a great message, I think.

11. Thought I was going to HATE this one when I first heard the beginning, but it continued to grow on me. The building again gets me.

12. Heard this song done by another artist that was much more up tempo, but I still like this version.

13. Check out "Business Time" by these guys, f-ing hilarious!

Although I'd heard a few of the tunes before, it was a well put together mix that was music to my ears, no pun intended.

Michelle said...

Ginger I am so sorry that it has taken me so long! I have really enjoyed this mix:) You and I have similar tastes and I always look forward to your UPOMS.
1. Love the message and it is a real toe tapper.
2. What a cool voice he has. Nice and mellow.
3. Reminds me of up north in the kitchen. I love BNL!!!!
4. Never have heard of this artist and I LOVE this one:)
5. I love this artist. She has the same name as one of the sweetest people I know (Brad's cousin). Her voice is amazing and I really enjoy her!
6.Joe Purdy is great! Thanks for sharing this song.
7.This is hilarious that you put this on. I totally remember when we were shopping together and we both bought this CD because it was pre CD burning days:) I still listen to it and the memories make me smile!!!
8. Funny title it is a good mix up in the middle. Like it.
9.Her voice reminds me of Ginny Owens. Very pretty I can see this used as one of your pieces.
10. I think this is my favorite on the disc. I really enjoy the sound of his voice and the guitar. Great!!
11. Reminds me of an 80's movie soundtrack~ I love it, especially the beginning! Great addition.
12. Iron and Wine is awesome. I am so glad you put this on.
13. So funny!!!

Great job Ginger! Love this one:)