I decided to try to make Michelle's life easier and post the songs myself.
1. Devil Town by Daniel Johnson
2. Butterfly by Mason Jennings
3. Happy (live) by Martin Sexton
4. Doctor, Lawyer, Indian Chief by Betty Hutton
5. People Should Smile More by Newton Faulkner
6. Another Side of You by Joe Nichols
7. Caterpillar Caterpillar by Kira Wiley
8. Messages by Xavier Rudd
9. Good Times by The Beautiful Girls
10. Gray by North of Grand
11. Pony (it's OK) by Erin McCarley
12. When She's Near by Fiction Family
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Nice work babe. Putting together a UPOMS while taking care of an infant and a new baby...quite impressive.
1. Love this tune and glad you included it this time. Raw and pure, what music is all about.
2. Another good one. That voice is almost hypnotic for me. Think it ranks as #3.
3. I'm feeling tropical with this one. Little Mraz, Ben Harper and Jack Johnson mix. Smooth, now I need a margarita!
4. Still undecided on this one. Like it sometimes and others I FFWD. But a UPOMS first from the genre(not overlord?).
5. Great album. A happy sounding tune, but Chris I think it is actually a pessimistic song. That contrast makes me like it even more.
6. I'm sure you might feel the same way about me sometimes...beer me! Love you more!!!
7. I think this might be my fav on your disc. Almost monotone male voice works great with her light and airy voice. Can't get it out of my head and that's a good thing!
8. Simon clone, but should be a compliment not a bad thing. #4 for me.
9. 2nd fav on the disc. With you Chris on the west coast feel. Happy party tune that just makes me wanna dance.
10. Needed something a little harder on your album and this fulfills that need. These guys are good live too.
11. A little too "poppy" for me.
12. Half and half for me. When it's just the lead singer and one or two instruments, not so much. But when they incorporate other voices and multiple instruments I love it. Weird I know, but it is what it is.
Thanks for the reviews from both of you. Andy, I had no idea I was taking care of an infant AND a new born
It was a joke about me being an infant. 1,2,3 stay with me.
Mary,
I enjoyed your disc. Your song choices are always fearless and that lends itself to variety you just don't often find on most of the Upoms volumes. With that, it doesn't smoothly move from one track to the next, but i don't think you were after that anyway.
For me the stregths were i the beginning and end and weakness was in the middle... but that's just me.
1. I had to listen to this MANY times to begin to like it. It's the off key singing that I had to get past. Still have trouble there.
2. Like his lo fi sound. The Scratchy guitar works as a great counterpoint to his vocals.
3. Impressive performance live. In addition to a great message, the guitar and whistling on this song is great.
4. (Example of risk-taking) As soon as I played this, Donna said "i love that 30's style, we need to get a whole disc like this". I would agree.
5. Another beautiful message with a great guitar and keyboard accompaniment. 2nd favorite on the disc.
have to jump ahead, sorry.
8. Holy Paul Simon! It starts off a little too slow for me, but just when the FF impurse surfaced, shades of Graceland hooked me.
9. It's interesting how many of these songs promote a happy/friendly attitude. Can't help but happy up with this track.
10. I like everything about this song. It's my preferred style, love the melody and vocals. Combine the song itself with the surprise factor and this would be my favorite.
11. 3rd favorite. I do know Love, Save, Empty because it's track 3 on Brad's disc this year. It's just a nice sound that deserves some radio time
12. Like it, not a standout, but pleasing to the ears.
Keep up the great work with Madison, and play music often for her, she'll be happier person with rhythmn and melody in her life.
No comment on Caterpillar Caterpillar Roger? Thought for sure you'd love that one since you like Push the Daisies. :)
Post a Comment