1. Get What you Deserve by The Derek Trucks Band
2. Americana by Hollerado
3. Crisis 1&2 by The Dears
4. Body in a Box by City and Colour
5. Detroit '67 by The Sam Roberts Band
6. All That I am Now by Assembly of Dust
7. Lions for Scottie by Hey Rosetta!
8. RocknRoll Band by Boxer the Horse
9. 6'1" by Liz Phair
10. Heaven's to Mergatroid by Ekoostic Hookah
11. Spin the Bottle by The D'Urbervilles
12. Black Sheep by Martin Sexton
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey girl, I really took the time and listened to your disc repeatedly. At first I was a bit turned off, but I came to realized that it was just a different vibe -subtley different, but still a bit more rootsy-er, gritier and much more soulful then in the past. My expectations had to shift, then it was all good. The songs I liked at frist, i liked even more. But the same thing in reverse happened to the okay songs.
1. Get what you deserve - great opener. Blues at it's modern day finest. Never heard of these guys, so nice surprise too.
3. Crisis 1 & 2- Agree with you on the vocals. The girls sounds like Aimee Mann. However when the guy comes in, I felt like the song collapses under it's own weight.
4. Body in the box - despite it's subject matter, this would be a great campfire tune. love the keyboards and harmonica. 3rd fav
6. All That I am Now - This song reminds me of a Willie Nelson song he does with Waylon (i think) called Poncho and Lefty, because of the changing lead vocals. Like it. 4td fav.
7. Lions for Scottie - This was my fav on the disc. The energy and tempo of this song hooks you from the get-go. Like his raging vocals. Dug it from note one. GREAT!
8. Rock n Roll Band - Except for when the casio keyboard comes in near the end, this sounds like a song you'd hear in a Saloon - maybe because of the piano.
9. ______________________________(Sorry, I know this was your fav).
10 Mergatroid - A great jam band tune. Makes me long for the summer, a cold beer and a hot grill. This would be my track for then.
11. Spin The Bottle - The first half of this song has kinda an 80's vibe going, then is switches to a 90's indie rock song. It's a solid selection.
12. Black Sheep - 2nd Fav on the disc. And one of the alltime great closing UPOMS tracks. Soulful and unpredictable. Nothing like Greg's track. Excellent!
As a wrap up comment let me also say that you alwasys seem to go outta your way to intro'd new artists (with a few exceptions) and I dig that. I always know I'll hear someONE as well as someTHING new with your discs.
1. It's got that raw sound and I dig it. I got what I deserved. :)
2. That guitar just draws me in in a hypnotic way that grabs a hold and won't let go, good stuff.
3. Not up my alley so much, it let me down.
4. Acoustic guitar and harmonica what could be better. Might sound really odd, but it kinda puts a smile on my face.
5. Just ok. I think the piano gets to me a little bit.
6. Is Richie Havens the smokier voice? He should be the lead and I would enjoy it more.
7. Great rockin tune. Like the change from a smooth to rough vocal.
8. New age Dylan? I'd be in his band, me likey. With you Roger on the saloon feel.
9. The tune is great, but her flat whammy bar vocals kinda grind on me.
10. Make a fist then have your friend make a fist. Next put them together. Then pull them apart and make an exploding sound 'cause this tune is the bomb!
11. Love the layering at the beginning of the song and how it continues to build. Yeah, that's the ticket!
12. Dr. Gray?? If you're a doctor you'd be killing musical genius. Stop at 6:55, why I oughtta!!
Loved the disc Al!!!!!
Post a Comment