Sunday, September 6, 2009

July 2009 - Brad

1. Gay - Stephen Lynch
2. It's Alright - Dar Williams
3. Love, Save the Empty - Erin McCarley
4. Everything I Ask For - The Maine
5. Whoa Oh (Me vs Everyone) - Forever the Slickest Kid
6. Weightless - All Time Low
7. Never Take us Alive - Madina Lake
8. Sometime Around Midnight - Airborne Toxic Event
9. The Man Who Can't Be Moved - The Script
10. It Won't Be Like This For Long - Darius Rucker
11. Where Corn Don't Grow - Travis Tritt
12. Say Anything (Else) - Cartel
13. Ann Arbor - Derik Nelson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Need to get this review blogged in as I'm expecting Andy's disc today. Two entries behind, that's no good. Although your music choices are for the most part strong and obscure, the disc lacks the mix quality I personally like. Meaning many (not all) of the songs sound not only the same, but like I heard them on the radio many times before. Like Greg's disc, this entry is not without some solid standouts.

1. Yikes! My last disc got criticized a bit when my Mountain Goats tune failed to top "This Year". This is the same story, funny song, but your first tune by him was hysterical!!!

2. I like this songs pleasant sound. It was as bit repetitious but not so much that it lost my interest.

3. Like it. Strangely I liked the verses even more then the chorus. 9 times outta 10 it's the opposite of that

4. This one starts out as 'fodder sounding' but is just edgy enough to rise above that. Like it.

8. Great song that is distinctive from the rest of the disc.

9. Fav on the disc. Been listening to The Script and had another track in my lineup, this was my fallback.

10. Despite it's country leanings it's a sad, beautiful song. What a career change for this guy?

From one disc to the other you don't seem to ever have the same or similar vibe and I like that. I was just hoping to hear that variety on the same disc...that's my only complaint. Otherwise, well done Braaaaad.