1. I’m Feeling Good- Nina Simone
2. Funny the Way It Is- Dave Matthews Band
3. When Water Comes to Life- Cloud Cult
4. Good Arms vs. Bad Arms- Frightened Rabbitre plucking.
5. Chasing Pavement-Adele
6. Halo-Beyonce
7. 24- Switchfoot
8. Right Me Up- State Radio
9. Sideways- Citizen Cope
10. Use Somebody- Kings of Leon
11. You’re Gonna Miss This- Trace Adkins
12. Give Me Your Eyes- Brandon Heath
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Although I've heard quite a few of these songs before I still think it's a great disc.
1. I'm Feeling Good - Starts with soul in the voice and follows with soul in the horns, great opener.
2. Funny The Way It Is - Like the message behind the song, but I think they'll never be the same without the missing piece.
3. When Water Comes To Life - Not a bad thing, but had to go back and listen to other Cloud Clut tunes to make sure it was the same band. Love the strings building at the start and throughout. Kind of a macabre lyrics but still my favorite on the disc.
4. Good Arms vs. Bad Arms - Love a good Gaelic voice, reminds me of Uncle Jim.
5. Chasing Pavement - Like the song, but have heard it a lot. Overlord wrong.
6. Halo - Heard it in passing on the radio, but after 14 listens has started to grow on me in a good way. Overlord wrong again. That's fun to type. :)
7. 24 - This California band got their name from surfing lingo for how your feet are placed on the surf board. That's all I have to say about this song.
8. Right Me Up - Almost feels like it has a "white" reggae beat, similar to Mraz's I'm yours. 2nd fav on the disc.
9. Sideways - Aucoustic guitar, smooth sultry voice, simple drums= me likey. 4th fav.
10. Use Somebody - Have heard this one, but not to the point of overkill. I love everything I've heard from them up to this point and this is no different. 3rd fav.
11. You're Gonna Miss This - Good message, good voice but have heard it quite a bit.
12. Give Me Your Eyes - Sounds to me like a solo tune by a NKOTB member, not my cup of tea.
I really enjoy the "mix" on this album. It has an easy on the ears feel to it, well done. On mine sounds like you wanted to slip one more song in at the end, who was that?
I too have hear these songs quite a bit, but only because of i overheard as she was reviewing to determine her final 12. Only have heard Halo on the radio, so assumed the balance were obscure- apparently Andy's doing some digging??? Anyway, I really like this disc, very listenable despite the obvious 'mix' of styles.
1. I'm Feeling Good - A great opener. she's just got a great 'old soul' voice.
2. Funny The Way It Is - Heard this song live. Great tune, but likely not going to be obscure for long.
3. When Water Comes to Life - Another great tune from The C.C. Like the classical opening and the melody beyond that.
4. Good Arms... - This band is worth exploring. Donna played me several of there songs and they're much in the vain of this one. Raunchy lyrics though-
5. Chasing Pavements - I'll still attest to this songs obscurity, i've never heard it on the radio, or anywhere else. Great song- my fav.
6. Halo - no comment
7. 24 - Just okay on this one. take or leave it.
8. Right Me Up - just a great summer jam song. like it the first time I heard it.
9. Sideways - We were watching Ghosttown and this track came on. she needed just one more great tune, and this is it. 3rd fav.
10. Use Somebody - close behind adele as a fav. This band is so good and this is one of their best tunes.
11. You're gunna miss... - As always a country tune just falls flat for me, but when you focus on the words, it's such a great story. Wait til you're little ones are teen folks, whole new meaning.
12. Give me your eyes - I like this closer for the most part.
overall it's a solid entry, with eclectic styles throughout. Nice one honey!
Hi Donna, better a late review than no review, right?? I gave you a verbal when we were U.N., but thought I'd make it a legite posting.
1. I'm Feeling Good- nice intro, I really like this song and wish we could see the talent at their school, too.
2. Funny the Way it is- I had never heard this song. I'm glad you shared it, I really like. When he talks about water under the bridge, I can't help but think about how he dumped his poop on the bridge a few years back. ha ha
3. When Water Comes to Life- Haunting is a good description. I like the build up. What strange lyrics. Great find for UPOMS.
4.Good Arms vs. Bad Arms- Interesting song. Indifferent to it.
5. Chasing Pavement- I saw this video over the winter and the song really stuck with me. I really like it.
6. Halo- Most definitely not obscure, but I'm happy to have it added to my ipod. thanks.
7. 24-interesting tidbit Andy.
8. Right Me Up- Good find. Isn't it fun searching the net for songs. If it wasn't for UPOMS I probably would never do that.
9. Sideways-I've heard of Citizen Cope but not familiar with his music. Reminds me a little of Martin Sexton. I really like this song.
10.Use Somebody- I've heard this song, but not very many times. He has an interesting voice.
11. You're Gonna Miss This- Awesome song, I cried the first few times I heard it. Time moves too quick and is too busy.
12. Give Me Your Eyes- I like this song. The kids voted right!
I've enjoyed listening to your CD. Thanks!!
Post a Comment