1. Human by The Killers
2. Golden Train by Justin Nozuka
3. TV Moon by Hunk
4. Momentum by The Hush Sound
5. Track 1 by Sigur Ros
6. All Hail the Heartbreaker by The Spill Canvas
7. What Sarah Said by Death Cab for Cutie
8. Madi Don't Leave by PlayRadioPlay!
9. If I Were an Artist by Jake Coco
10. The Girl by City and Colour
11. What Are They Doing in Heaven Today? by Washington Phillips
12. Let's Dance the Joy Division by The Wombats
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hope everyone was cool with Kylie flying solo this year. A big reason for it was that she had a ton of music to choose from and the other kids were not at all prepared. Not sure what to do when each of them have had their turn over the next four years- do we have them start the rotation over?, do each of them create their own disc? We'll take it to vote i'm sure, but something to think about.
Although I had the benefit of hearing this disc for about a week before Kylie sent it, i enjoyed many of the tunes from the initial listen. And although their are some familiar UPOMS artists (Killers, Death Cab, City & Colour, Hush Sounds), they are great new songs by them, and it's still full of many new and obscure artists. So, hats off girl, it's a solid disc anyone would be proud of - especially your Dad.
1. Human - different sound for these guys. won't be obscure for long - I sense this will be a radio hit for them.
2. Golden Train - pleasant little tune
3. TV Moon - Andy and I have this very obscure bands (Hunk) album, so we know this tune - most others i'd imagine don't. great song.
4. Momentum - one of four favs on the disc. Love to song, two different songs (slow and fast) in one, sorta.
5. Track 1 - got to see the You Tube video to get the full impact. Favorite around our house.
7. What Sarah Said - This is the second fav. great tune, by a great band.
8. Madi Don't Leave - vocalist is trying a little too hard to sound EMOish, but the song is undeniably catchy. this is the third fav. for me.
9. if I were an artist - just like it.
10. The Girl - Forth fav. It's the one song as I listen aimlessly to the disc, that I go back to my ipod to remind myself who it is. strange ending, but oh well.
12. Let's Dance to Joy Division - Love the energy of this song. it's just fun and a great closer.
good job honey
Awesome job Kylie...my favorite so far this year.
1. Heard this song on XM and immediately thought of you! That same night your mom called and said you found the best song. Love it.
2. Nice
3. Love the guitar. Caught me from the first note.
4. Reminds me of Grey's Anatomy don't know why...super duper:)
5. Relaxing I know why you would listen to it before bed. I bet the piece was beautiful to watch!!!!
6. Could be used in a coming of age movie...quite catchy:)
7. Death Cab For Cutie is awesome!!
8. Has a little bit of a British feel to it. Fun song to listen to try to hear the story. Good Choice!
9. You are clear Kylie!!!
10. Great tune!!! Might be my favorite on the disc.
11. Simple but beautiful
12. Not my fav., but fun!
Great job Kylie!
To be honest at first listen I thought it all sounds like typical teenage music, no offense. But the more I listen the more I liked it.
1. This a great tune and the Killers don't dissapoint.
2. Nice voice with my weakness, acoustic guitar.
3. Had this cd ever since your Dad found it. Great song and great album.
4. Love the building or should I say momentum of this tune. When it first begins in no way do I expect such a heavy sound and I love suprises.
5. Beautiful song. Just makes me relax every time I hear it.
6. First thought of this as typical teenage music but it has become one of my favs on the disc.
7. Death Cab for Cutie is a good band and this is a good tune.
9. Nice little love song.
10. Fav. on the disc. Unique sounding voice and just love the full banjo sound and tempo change half way through.
11. 2nd fav on the disc and didn't expect you to like something like this. Again nice suprise.
12. Another favorite. Just a great jammin tune.
A little slow in the middle for me, but a great beginning and supuberb end make a great disc. Can't wait to see how much your musical tastes change or stay the same on your next UPOMS four years from now.
Post a Comment