Rage against the Coke Machine - OPM - Menace to Sobriety
1. The One - BIG D AND THE KIDS TABLE - Strictly Rude
2. Promise - MATTHEW McAVENE - 777
3. Believe - BACKYARD TIRE FIRE – Bar Room Semantics
4. Gone to the Y - JAMES McMURTRY & the HEARTLESS BASTARDS - Saint Mary of the Woods
5. Dear Honey - DUSTY RHODES AND THE RIVER BAND - First You Live
6. Great Expectations - The Gaslight Anthem - The '59 Sound
7. Whistles The Wind - FLOGGING MOLLY - Within A Mile Of Home
8. Start wearing purple- GOGOL BORDELLO - Gypsy Punks: Underdog World Strike
9. Worn out Shoe - THE REVEREND PEYTONS BIG DAMN BAND - The whole Fam Damnily
10. Watermelon Blues - CHRIS THOMAS KING - The Legend Of Tommy Johnson, Act 1: Genesis 1900's-1990's
11. Ngoppe Kam Mi Yaha - Afrissippi - Fulani Journey
12. Koukou - Salif Keita – Moffou
Bonus -
Aankh Naal- Kam Dhillon - Asian Groove
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I think Mr Snowman should be our next guest artist. He seems like he has a pretty good collection...
Very cute Millie!
I'd like to say upfront, because I gave MT a lot of crap about his feetdraggin' that this disc was worth the wait! (for the most part). Some of the tunes are just awesome! Others...well. The disc was right up my alley until the end, then it takes a strange turn at the end and it lost me. I've listened to it repeatedly so It's not for lack of trying. As I've said before and I'll say it again, music is subjective, so this is my take only- Props to Mike also for intro'd us to a whole batch of new artists - thanks, buddy
1. The One - hooked me from the get go. love the raggae vibe.
2. Promise - like the guitar work as much as the words. mellow, reminds me a bit of No Problem off Andy's disc.
3. Believe - just another laid-back goove. like the banjo.
5. Dear Honey - This is the beginning track of several tunes in a row that I really dug. Like the chanting chorus.
6. Great Expectations - Favorite on the disc! Reminds me of the Old 97's. Heard of Gaslight and been curious, but now I'm sold. Will dig into this band fur sure.
7. Whistles The Wind - 2nd Fav on this disc. Just great irish groove that's just so evocative - and such a great chorus!!!! Want to see these guys live just for this song.
8. Start Wearing Purple - 3rd fav. I like bizarre, yet catching tunes and this qualifies in both catagories. Great!
9. Worn out Shoe - hated it at first, but it's grown on me. Like the speed up half way thru.
Tracks 5,6,7 & 8 are worth the entire disc dude. Great job Mike!
Thnx for the props Popeye. I can understand the distaste the last few songs can cause some people, but I like um!
Mike thanks so much for the great tunes! I wasn't able to access the writeup digitally so excuse me if I am writing about something you already let us in on:)
1. Reminds me of a white man in Jamaica love it! Brings back the feeling of warm days:)
2. Beautiful. I love the simplicity of the acoustic guitar! My favorite on the whole disc.
3. I love the reverb of the voice in the speakers! Great addition. My 2nd fav!
4. Makes me sad when I listen.
5. The beginning sounds a little bit like a circus / carnival. I can picture drunk guys singing this together on a street somewhere HEHE!
6. Sounds like s summer song that I would like to listen to while speeding around the lake on the boat!
7. Love the Irish influence. The first time I heard it I thought of the Band The Corrs until I heard the male voice. Wonderful song!
8. Purple is my favorite color! Makes me chuckle when I listen to it!
9. Like to Louisiana feel. His voice is silly:) Reminds me a little of the guy who sang Gin and Juice on Roger's disc.
10. Good toe-tapper:)
11. Beautiful sound even though don't know what he is saying except I'll be back someday.
12. Fun...sound like a celebratory song!
Bonus: Not my fav. but adds variety to the mix:)
Sorry it's taken so long, but Mike you'll like what I have to say. Chop off the intro and that shit that makes my ears bleed at the end and this is a top five UPOMS disc of all time for me.
1. Nice little reggae feel, reminds me of Sublime a little.
2. Beautiful guitar and voice makes for a beautiful song.
3. Just makes me want to put my feet up on a back country porch and look at a lake with a piece of straw hanging out of my mouth.
4. Country twang with a "coutry" story, but doesn't really sound like country.
5. Rockin' chorus and imagine us dancing to it like Black Velvet Band.
6. Favorite on the disc. Jamand jelly for my ears. You figure it out.
7. Can you every go wrong with an Irish tune...I think not.
8. 2nd fav on the disc. Sticks in my head and makes me want to dance. Love it.
9. Interesting voice with a great harmonica. Love when they "pick it out" towards the end.
10. 3rd fav on the disc. Great story of being suckered to learn a lesson.
11. Reminds me of Black Mambazo.
12. Don't know if that is something other than a flute in the background, but it melds so well with the guitar and vocals.
Again great disc.
Post a Comment