Saturday, August 23, 2008

August 2008 - Alicia

1. Daredevil by Casey Baker
2. Antichrist by Arcade fire
3. 12:59 Lullaby by Bedouin Soundclash
4. Faulty Times by Black Mountain
5. Kick up the Dust by Blood Meridian
6. Badonka Donkey by Born Ruffians
7. Fashionable People by Joel Plaskett
8. Monster Hospital by Metric
9. Myriad Harbour by The New Pornographers
10. If the Creeks Don't Rise by Sunparlour Players
11. Darling Democrat by 16mm
12. Lake Michigan by Rogue Wave
13. Double Dutch Bus by Frankie Smith

8 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow, what a great CD! How 'bout it? JK

Texas, yours is on the way...

(Just trying to see if I can post)

Michelle said...

1. Daredevil- sad story!
2. Antichrist- Like it...beginning does sound like 911 reference
3. 12:59 Lullaby -LOVE it glad you put it on
5. Kick up the Dust- Beginning kind of reminds me of the kind of music that was in the movie Juno
6. Badonkey donkey- I can picture Chris dancing silly to this song:)
7. Fashionable People- LOVE it and US weekly!
9. Myriad Harbour - I am really liking this song. Is this a British band?
10.If the Creeks don't Rise- I really like this one. This song sounds like it is from a TV commercial (I don't think it is) but it just seems like someone should use it for that because I think I would buy the product HEHE!
11. Darling Democrat- cool beginning with the bell.
BONUS- Not my cup of tea!
Good disk alicia!

Alicia said...

Oops!! I just noticed I never finished typing the title to #2. It is Antichrist Television Blues. I think I must of been looking at my quick notes.

Anonymous said...

still no disc. did you send it 3rd class? JK

Donna said...

Great Album Alicia! You always surprise.
1. Great story, but don't care for the song.
2.Sounds like Springsteen.
3. LOVE IT!
5. This song has a great building to it. It really grows on you.
7. Funky, Fun and Fashionable! I find myself singing the chorus around the house. My Fav.
9. The beginning kinda reminds me of Kate Nash. Catchy and great voices.
10. Like it.
11. Kinda reminds me of the Stars. Love it. My 2nd fav.
12. Great song.

Brad said...

I just read Chris' review and have one thing to say - get a room...

Anonymous said...

Sorry this is so late girl. Has nothing to do with the disc and everything to do with my time management skills. Busy as hell. Very different vibe. Would have been more surprised, but you told me in CO it would be like that.

1. I like it. took a couple listens, but warmed up to it.

2. this one i liked from the getgo. Sorta a cross between bruce springsteen and the clash. 3rd fav.

3. This one i could see on a one of your previous discs. nice.

5. Like how it builds. Just a good slow jam.

7. You previewed this for me in CO. Loved it then,love it now. GREAT SONG! Fav.

9. I have a couple tunes by this band, but not this one. Strange sound, but really like it. Sticks in your head. Headphone this one folks.

10. Another great selection. I had to go back and check the artist, several times i like it so much.
2nd fav.

11. More a Pop tune. reminds me a bit of the Killers sound, not the vocals so much as the sound

12. Getting sick of Michigan songs honestly, but this one is fun. Nice ender.

Always look forward to your disc and you didn't disappoint.

Andy said...

1. Great rockin' opener and great story behind it.

2. The Boss feel all over this one and love the high pitched voices that come in near the end.

3. Kinda has that Hawaiian feel to it which I like.

4. Singer's voice reminds me of a mix of Neil Young and Eddie Vedder. One of my favs.

5. Favorite on the disc. Slow electric guitar to start and there is something about his voice that catches my ear.

6. Another fav. Didn't start out that way, but after a few listens and knowing exaclty what they say, but I don't give a damn.

7. Like the two different feels, pop then rock. Good mix and it gets stuck in my head.

9. Like Roger I have heard a few of their tunes, but not this one. Like the multiple voices following the single voice.

10. 2nd fav on this disc. Love when the singer displays his "raw" vocals, as Chris says.

12. Saw these guys perform on Letterman love the clapping or what sounds like clapping. Get off my stack!!!!

Good work, my ears are happy having heard this disc.