So here it goes...if you would like to comment you can do so here. Each month I will put in the member and his or her songs. That way they are archived. Then you can comment on the month. I know it gets really busy for all of us, so maybe having the songs listed for us will make it a little easier. I am still trying to figure all of this out so be patient and leave me comments so I know what you think!
Brad is the artist for July
1. Muddy Water Keb' Mo'
2. Hide Away Rock Kills Kid
3. Take me to the Riot Stars
4. Foundations Kate Nash
5. Down to the Old Pub Instead Stephen Lynch
6. Night Windows The Weakerthans
7. Fools Gold Katie Herzig
8. I Remember Griffin House
9. Millicent Sean McCollough
10.Never Going Back to OK The Afters
11.Michigan my Michigan Jeff Daniels
12.Michigan Hello Dave
BONUS (not really allowed!!!!) Shake it by Metro Station
Michelle
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your best disc yet Brad.
1. Muddy Water - I put him on my first disc and love a good slide guitar.
2&3. Both good tunes heard both before, no special comment.
5. PUB - Fav on the disc. Laughed out loud at work the first time I heard it.
6. Night windows - voice sounds familiar, but can't figure out who it reminds me of.
8. Happening Again - Another favorite, powerful message. If we don't learn from history we are bound to repeat it.
9. Millicent - don't really love this tune, but the chorus seems to stick in my head.
10. Never going back to ok - just a good rockin tune.
11. Michigan my Michigan - love songs about my old state, but o' christmas tree c'mon Jeff.
12 Michigan - Jeff sould learn a lesson from Hello Dave, nicely done.
13. There was noise and words after the last song and I think it was another song, but since these albums only have 12 tracks I must have been imagining things.:) Not obscure and you don't care 'cause your puttin' on the old club gear and hitting the town to "shake it".
The whole album has a nice mix of different sounds that all work well together, great job!
Good disc Brad. A lot less pop/contemporary then your previous years discs. A more homey/laidback feel.
Muddy waters - great to hear Keb mo again. different feel then Andy's song, but a great bluesy vibe.
Hide away - i had this song and thought of including it myself. Glad to see it become a UPOMS song.
Take Me to the riot - liked Donna's tune last month by this band, and this one is great. chorus sounds like Morrisey of The Smiths, especially when he says 'ill'.
foundations - liked this kate nash tune evenmore then Donna's. Funny that you both had two of the same bands on your discs. great chorus. What is it about brit girls cussing, it's almost... i don't know... cute.
down to the old pub... - holy crap, I took a knee on "rusty old coins". Alicia, love ya girl, but this song is great! ain't exactly PC, but it works. funny, funny, funny
night windows - just like it. pleasant sound - REMish to me.
Fool of Gold - the bluegrass vibe caught my eat right off. nice
I remember... - sad, the words are haunting without being too heavy handed. no side taking. just classic anti-war, while remaining patriotic... and that's tough to pull off.
millicent - sweet little tune. a bit Gordon Lightfootish to me. nice future tribute to your pumpkin.
never going back... probably my fav next to Pub. sounds a lot like the stuff on the radio, but like that a no-name band put together a radio worthy song like this. good stuff
Hello dave - I like it. a bit forced weaving in MI referrences, but I dug it. Made me miss you guys more then the State, but still good feelings.
overall I liked it. Still fell short of your kick ass vol. 7, but hey, always have that bogie to shoot for.
Better late than never....
I have been remiss in reviewing this summer so I will start with Greg's review.
1. Heard this before love Tom Petty. It kinda reminds me of a song you might hear from the "Mighty Wind" sondtrack.
2.Great tune. One of my favs.
3. Summer Fun! Take me to the beach.
5.You must love the "talking story" thought this would be another Dick's Automotive. Smoky song.
6. See above, but with more of a funky beat.
7. Really like it. Beautiful and haunting.
8. Funny---really funny!
9. Great tune--another fav.
10. Like Travis. Look up "Sing" which is another fabulous tune.
11. Catchy! At first I didn't like it, but it really grows on you.
12. Gotta love the dead.
Now for Brad... we have the same taste in music. I love your album, not a bad song (well just one anyway:)) on here.
1.Great Tune!
2. Heard this before. Reminds me of Boys Like Girls.Super!
3. Love the Stars--copy cat!
4. Love Kate Nash. She has a great Bri'ish voice. Copy cat again!
5. FUNNY!! Love it!
6. Great song.
7. Sweet song.
8. Beautiful story song.
9. My favorite. I really miss my sweet Millicent!
10. Great rockin beat.
11. Isn't this Oh Christmas Tree???? Jeff should stick to acting--he sucks!
12. This is a better Michigan tune.
Sorry guys these reviews are not very elaborate. But I guess it is better than no review at all--or is it? AWWWWW
Post a Comment